Saturday, November 22, 2014

Fear Factor

One of my biggest fears is when I have to either meet with someone to talk about my future such as classes or where I want to end up after I graduate. Not only that I also just don't like having any sort of meeting or appointment with anyone. I'm always afraid that something will go wrong or I will do something I shouldn't have or I'm not prepared for them.

This fear is most definitely is mostly an anxiety for me with a bit of worry as well. It's mostly an anxiety because I'm not necessarily afraid of it or really feel worried about it, but it just really stresses me out to the point where it is all that I am thinking about. Once the appointment is over though it such a sense of relief to the point where I question why I stress so much about it because it always ends up turning out well. But no matter what I still stress a lot about it the next time.

I notice that this fear presents itself quite a lot throughout my life.  Doing new things and meeting with people about my future are always gonna be needed in order for me to advance myself both as a person and as a worker in the industry. I think this fear mostly just keeps me from experiencing all that this world has to offer to me. This is such a creative industry too so experiencing different cultures/countries and the beauty of this world helps you to broaden your creative skills. This fear/anxiety is most definitely blocking my creativity to some degree. If I could just let go and not let this anxiety get the better of me, I believe I will in the long term have better creativity and a better experience with other people. 

Creating something that represented my fear has helped me fully see what this fear really is. And hopefully a beginning to really breaking away from this fear/anxiety so as to not hinder my creativity and help further my career.


No comments:

Post a Comment