Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Coloring In A College Class!!

Coloring in college you say.............BLASPHEMY!! 

I will have to say it was really weird being told to actually color in a coloring book in class. Not only that, having to think of a word about someone else's coloring/picture was pretty cool. It makes you think pretty much on the fly opening up doors to potentially weird words coming up. Then came the part that messed with my head. TO COLOR OUTSIDE THE LINES ON PURPOSE!! Who would think of such things? I had never once before purposefully colored outside the lines of a coloring book. However, after a minute I just picked a color and drew lines outside the picture. I honestly didn't care what came out of those lines. In the end I would say I was thrown out of my comfort zone by doing that. I am most definitely the type of person who would throw away a picture I was coloring if I went outside the lines. If it's the tiniest smudge where you can barely notice it I won't care, but if it is really noticeable I would quit. A lot of times though, I color/doodle to keep my mind awake so I normally don't care too much unless I purposefully want the picture perfect. 

What also stuck out in this lecture was that it was up to us to interpret what coloring outside the lines meant.  I took it quite literally, but others even created their own space to color in. I think having to do this will help me think that sometimes somethings just do not matter. Me wanting to keep inside the lines bleeds over to my 3D modeling work where I don't like having models that are lackluster even though those are the ones that will help me get better and better. So I just need to keep trying to color outside those lines and not be afraid of failing to help further both my creative skills as well as my 3D modeling skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment