Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Class Takeaway 4: Talking About Our Altered Books

Really interesting class today to say the least! We the students got to decide the fate of what happens to those who forgot to bring their book to class. Not only do they have to alter their book, but they have to incorporate a deep dark secret into it. Whose secret is the question though. This was by far my favorite class of the year so far. Something new, different, and a little exciting gets thrown at us at least one time in the class. It throws all of us off guard, but after a few minutes we all start "seeing sideways" and thinking of some wacky stuff.  

I also liked seeing that I am not the only one in the class that seems to hate their book to an unhealthy degree. It seems like the 50 what ifs from last week have helped a lot of us in getting an idea on what to alter our book into, but no one really seems to have gotten the full idea from the 50 what ifs. I believe that one of my what ifs is what I'm going to go off of. I want to cut the pages out and do a sort of paper mache environment sculpture out of it. That way it incorporates my love for 3D art and my passion for environment art. Incorporating stuff from class work will be the hardest part. I'm very excited to see what everyone else will come up with in their books.


No comments:

Post a Comment