Thursday, September 18, 2014

50 What Ifs

The book that I will be altering is the Digital Storytelling book that we "had" to have, but never at all used. And it does not help that I absolutely loathed that class and personally seemed like a waste of time since I'm not even remotely interested in storytelling.  And, luckily the book was not the most expensive book and the bookstore would not buy back the book as they had enough at the time.  So the book has just been sitting in my room doing absolutely nothing for me. So hopefully I can alter this into something that reflects me and what I want to do which is 3D environment modeling/texturing for games. These 50 what ifs should help get me started. Even if some of them are gonna be pretty out there. You never know what will pop into your head from a weird idea.


  1. What if I tore out the pages and created an environment sculpture?
  2. What if I change the title of the book to reflect my career?
  3. What if I cut the pages of the book into foliage/buildings etc.?
  4. What if I cut a big design into the books pages?
  5. What if I create a 3D design using the pages as textures?
  6. What if I use the books words to create a story for my future goals?
  7. What if I cut the book in half?
  8. What if I replace the pictures in the book?
  9. What if I sketch in the book?
  10. What if I use the book for concept art?
  11. What if I fully color the pages?
  12. What if I chop the pages?
  13. What if I create a 3D animation with the pages?
  14. What if I toss the book in the air?
  15. What if I kick the book?
  16. What if I made a pop up book?
  17. What if I cut the corners off the book?
  18. What if I cut the pages into 3D polygons?
  19. What if I twist the pages into shapes?
  20. What if I connect pages for a bigger canvas?
  21. What if I only use the front and back covers?
  22. What if I throw it against the wall?
  23. What if I totally destroy the book?
  24. What if I add pages into it?
  25. What if I make it into a game?
  26. What if I scan the book and digitally remake the book?
  27. What if I turn it inside out?
  28. What if I spill food on it? :-(
  29. What if I glue some pages together?
  30. What if I burn the pages individually?
  31. What if I use it as a plate?
  32. What if I stomp on it?
  33. What if I hit it with a baseball bat?
  34. What if I do random cuts?
  35. What if I make it a loose leaf book?
  36. What if I make the book about 3d modeling?
  37. What if I paint it with glow paint?
  38. What if I tape it?
  39. What if I tie string to the pages?
  40. What if I take pictures of it?
  41. What if I mix up the pages?
  42. What if I use multiple books?
  43. What if I put it under black light?
  44. What if I take the spine off?
  45. What if I attached objects to it?
  46. What if I spill some water on it?
  47. What if I take it outside?
  48. What if I glue string into the book?
  49. What if I smack it with a hammer?
  50. What if I take it out of my backpack? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment