Tuesday, October 28, 2014

ClassTakeaway 8

Again this ended up being a very weird and fun class day. The thing that really stuck out the most in the class discussion was "identity".  We are all pretty much conditioned to think of identity as labels, such as our name or something like girlfriend/boyfriend and man/woman. As creative thinkers, we tend to see past those labels and begin to wake up and realize that identity is not just about labels. Labels, mostly bad ones, always end up hurting a person.  Either it breaks them down causing them mental pain or it physically hurts them if people tend to avoid a person because of a label. 

I do typically think of people with only the basic of labels like their name.  After that I usually look at the actions they do within society and tend to look at those types of things on whether to not be around certain people. I don't stick labels on them by their actions, I use my inner judgement/opinions on things that I don't really care for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment