Saturday, October 25, 2014

Bliss

Five obstacles to creating my altered book:

1. Time:  Let's be honest this is probably the number one obstacle for anybody.  Balancing personal life, school class time, homework, and in my case playing video games is really tough and I always try to prioritize more important classes like my modeling classes first.  That usually leaves me with not a lot of time for other homework.

2. Creative block: A lot of times I can't think of creative things to do on random objects. In this case transforming a negative book into something positive is just not working to well for me.

3. No motivation: The class is great in helping me trying to think of creative things in different ways, so I'm glad I'm in the class. However, in all honesty I have trouble giving time to classes that don't have a huge use in me getting a job in the game industry.

4. Lack of resources: I want to do the altered book with only things that I have available at my house. And for the idea I have now I'm not sure I would be able to do that.

5. Stress: With having not a lot of time to work on the altered book and even other homework creates so much stress for me.  I try to feed off of my stress to get things done, but sometimes I find myself spending an hour just thinking about homework and the stress of not getting it done before I even do anything.



Three "What Ifs" to overcome these obstacles:

1. What if I take a week or so where I prioritize the altered book/class more than I normally would.

2. What if as I do 3D modeling, where my creativity is flowing more, I think about the altered book to hopefully bring out some more creative ideas or how to do what I want in a more creative way.

3. What if take 10 minutes and just take deep breaths and really tell myself to do the homework, and try and push aside all the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment