Sunday, December 14, 2014

Altered Book of the Self


Opinion of combining technology and the human body:

I quite like the idea of combining technology and the human body.  I know that I have loved watching/looking at concepts for wearable devices that could project a holographic image of a smartphone onto our skin.  Or being able to wear contacts/eyeglasses that seamlessly add VR to our world and where we could record video without the need of anything in our hands. 

Opinion of combining a Media Arts and Science project with your own body:

For me there really isn't too much use of combining MAS projects with my own body.  Or at least that I have come across yet.  Virtual Reality is starting to become a much bigger thing in the industry which will be able to combine the way you move with the in game characters, etc. 


Altered Book:

I procrastinated a lot on this assignment. Should I have done that, probably not, but we all make mistakes!  On to the actual book.  For this assignment I really did not know exactly what I wanted to do with the book for at least half the semester.  And now that it is the week before it is due I had to fully commit to an idea that I had brewing for the assignment.

The book was called Digital Storytelling and I absolutely despised it.  So in order to change it into something positive I decided to do something environment wise.........since I am an 3D environment artist.  What I did was cut out layers of an environment as I got further into the book. 

How I changed the book:

First what I did was cut maybe the first 50-100 pages into what looks like a ground. And as I continued on cutting the book apart I grabbed more and more pages each time.  So, then the next layer that I cut off was boulders/rocks.  Continuing on I then cut out some grass blades and then a couple of trees.  Finally, the very last layer was of two buildings.  I however did not cut out any windows in order to make them look more like buildings as that would take a bit of time and I don't have the enough time to do it because of my procrastination. 

To add in the assignments throughout the semester I printed out tiny versions of them and tied them with thread to the book. 






How this book changed me:

The only way this book has changed me is by continuing to reassure me that being an environment artist is exactly what i want to do. Which is good because before taking this class I always had little times of doubt on whether being I really wanted to do this. And I'm very happy to say I really really do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment